[GRASS-user] Re: Re: How to draw the earthquake-magtintude map...

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 03:31:02 EDT 2011

Yasuo shimada wrote:
> Now, I trouble about legend of magnitude - circle.
> Though grass had command 'd.legend!', this is raster only....

(and only for colors; see wish-ticket about taking range from stdin so
that it could be used with vector maps + v.colors too)

> I will draw some cicles in the same point related to dummy data of
> magnitude.

Right, I haven't updated the eq tutorial in grass svn to include it yet,
but I used the same dummy-data method to make a legend for the global eq
plots:
   http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/grass/earthquake_legend.png

v.in.ascii + d.vect + some trial and error time to get the spacing correct.

this is something that the d.vect.thematic script can do for its plots,
and something I still haven't completely finished in the d.barb module-in-
development.
For ps.map hardcopy plots I think you might have to use v.buffer.
Oh, and d.vect.chart was the first module to allow bubble plots.

Hamish