[GRASS-user] Re: Where should the file python-wxversion be located?

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 28 08:03:49 EDT 2011

  Problem resolved.

Thanks to all who responded; Justin your information helped a lot —
after the suggestions and even more digging and some more installs using
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu (which may have
helped some in terms of my original problem of not getting wxpython to
work for me), but definitely helped to get additional capability in my
build.

In the end I had competing python installs: /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin
— so, I deleted the /usr/local/bin install of python; wx-config was only
present in /usr/bin

I strongly suggest new Umbutu GRASS users to follow
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_Ubuntu

Tom