[GRASS-user] Converting from FileGDB

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 1 14:36:42 EST 2011

   The USGS national hydrographic dataset (NHD) by states is available only
as a FileGeoDataBase (FileGDB). When I look on the GDAL/OGR Web site I see
that the Personal (PGDB) format is supported, but I don't see that the FGDB
is.

   My attempt to subscribe to the gdal-dev list to ask was rejected (I cannot
subscribe because I'm not a subscriber. Go figure.)

   Has anyone here experience with the FGDB and know how to import it to
GRASS? The state data set I need is about 434M zipped and will take a while
to download via my DSL connection.

Thanks,

Rich