[GRASS-user] Converting from FileGDB

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 1 15:04:08 EST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Alex Mandel wrote:

> That subscription rejection is odd, I'll see if someone can look into that.

Alex,

   When the cursor hovered over the link it read mailto: ... so that's what I
did. I thought it was a majordomo MLM that wanted only the word subscribe in
the body of the text.

> As for you're other question, now that the FileGDB api has been released
> for Windows & Linux (couple of months ago, and 2 weeks ago) I believe
> there is some code in the GDAL svn to support it. Though it's likely very
> rough around the edges and probably requires that you compile gdal
> yourself. I actually don't know it's specific status, just saw some
> conversations that work was being done on it.

   I'll start Opera downloading that huge file and be very willing to work
with the devs testing the code. I've several projects in Nevada dependent on
hydrologic basins of different resolutions as well as streams in those
basins. I'll be a happy tester.

> Now to try and get you on the gdal list where that conversation is likely
> to happen.

   Thanks. You have my e-mail address.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   The Plain English Science Consultant
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |   Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures