[GRASS-user] Install Addon GRASS 7.0 on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Mar 3 10:44:43 EST 2011

On Mar 3, 2011, at 12:01 AM, Hamish wrote:

> William wrote:
>> g.extension also changes how GRASS_ADDON_PATH is
>> interpreted, from GRASS 6 - it used to be a direct path to
>> the executable folder, ie bin/, now it's a path to the
>> parent of that.  The default user addon paths set by
>> the Mac startup are (GRASS version is major.minor version):
>
> It still should be a single path which points to a dir which should be
> added to GRASS's search $PATH.

Was this a conscious change (single path), or did it happen because of how g.extension was programmed.  The documentation for the GRASS startup still shows examples:

   GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/mytools
   GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/mytools:/usr/local/othertools

grass.py adds both the full GRASS_ADDON_PATH and GRASS_ADDON_PATH/bin and scripts to PATH, which assumes there is only one path in GRASS_ADDON_PATH.  And of course g.extension defaults to GRASS_ADDON_PATH, if set, thus expecting a single path there.

Rather limiting.  Breaks my Mac setup for global and user addons outside the GRASS application folder.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin