[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal: import jpeg

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 01:49:17 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'm having a problem importing a jpeg using r.in.gdal.  I've done it
successfully in the past but I have forgotten what I did.  Now when I import
a jpeg into an xy location it is just a solid block of color (name.red,
name.blue, name.green).  I think it has something to do with the g.region
settings.  My image dimensions are 3648 x 2736 and 180dpi (325MB in size).
 I tried setting north and east to 2736 and 3648 using g.region with a
resolution of 1, but it still doesn't work.  Also, when I use r.in.gdal I
extended the region.  Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nick