[GRASS-user] interlis import

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 11 14:00:49 EST 2011

Dear List,

does someone have experience in importing the topological format
INTERLIS to GRASS?
It seems to need an .ili file, that will define polygons, lines and
points, but I don't see how to integrate this one in the v.in.ogr command.

I managed to use ogr2ogr and tested conversion to shapefile. This one
uses the java interpreter ili2c.jar. (see:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_ili.html). It will only work if the .ili is
intergrated as in the command:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" shpdir
/home/order/filename.itf,/home/order/description.ili

When I import the .itf to GRASS it will only create lines instead of
areas. Same result for conversion with ogr2ogr mentioned above when the
.ili is not integrated.

Any Feedback would be helpful.

Patrick

P.S. Testfiles can be found http://www.interlis.ch/