[GRASS-user] interlis import

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 11 15:39:20 EST 2011

Hi Patrick,

I wouldn't try to open Interlis files directly in GRASS. You are better
off converting them to an intermediate format or database, e.g.
spatialite, PostgreSQL, GML, etc. and work from there.

If you open the files directly, performance will be bad.

btw: Interlis consists of two files:
1. .ili file (contains the data model: topics, tables, columns, data
types, domain lists, etc.)
2. .itf file (the raw data: geometry and attribute data).  - itf means
"interlis transfer format"

You always need both files.

Here are one or two examples: http://gis.hsr.ch/wiki/HowTo_OGR2OGR

Good luck,