[GRASS-user] db.out.ogr: Syntax Correction

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 13 14:46:10 EDT 2011

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Micha Silver wrote:

> Furthermore, if you're going to change the whole project over to database
> stored attribs, then the best method is to set the new database connection
> for your mapset (db.connect + db.login) then just run db.copy on all your
> vectors. All the new "copies" will have their data tables in the (now
> default) database.

Micha,

   I set db.connect to the postgres server at localhost (using db_driver=pg)
and don't need to explicitly login. Following the example on the manual page
I must have missed something:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-aea):~/grassdata > db.copy from_driver=dbf
from_database=$HOME/grassdata/nevada-aea/PERMANENT/dbf
from_table=at_risk_species to_driver=pg
to_database="host=localhost,dbname=nevada" to_table=at_risk_species
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Cannot create dbf database:
/home/rshepard/grassdata/nevada-aea/PERMANENT/dbf

WARNING: Unable to open database <dbf> by driver
          </home/rshepard/grassdata/nevada-aea/PERMANENT/dbf>
Segmentation fault

   I don't want to create the dbf database, but copy the data from it. Must
be a syntax error I made that I don't see. But, it caused grass to segfault.
Hmmm-m-m-m.

Clue appreciated,

Rich