[GRASS-user] interpolating images with coastal areas

Edgar Pimiento e_pimiento at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 18:14:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

The problem is probably the data for the sea of the ASTER images. In some cases
I have seen negative values for sea areas and extremely high values, errors
also, in mountainous areas. For interpolating I think  it is better to treat the
sea areas as no data values. Use the land area as mask in the interpolation. You
can also check the ASTER elevation data comparing with the corrected version of
90-m SRTM from http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/

Best,
 Edgar Pimiento Chamorro
e_pimiento at yahoo.com