[GRASS-user] Re: open map

Anja_Eva badera at student.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 21 10:19:55 EDT 2011

Hey!

<Is it in the same projection as the location?

not exactly... I need a location around Belize in Central America and put in
some coordinates which should covering the whole country. But the map from
the internet is bigger I think.
So I marked 'extend location extents based on new dataset'. Isn't that
enough? ;-)

<Have you imported it into GRASS with r.in.gdal or v.in.ogr? ...

Yeah I tried it, but it said: Projection of dataset does not appear to match
current location.
Then I marked 'extend location extents based on new dataset'

It said that the .bil format was not supported, so I tried with .hdr. Is
this right? It said raster map created but how do I really display the map?

Thanks

Anja_Eva