[GRASS-user] error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:46:20 EDT 2011

Hi everyone!

As suggested in this link:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/wxpython-gui-and-v-digit-td3019439.htmland
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/README - 6. VECTOR
DIGITIZER I have been trying to compile/install vdigit component. I could
install GRASS with C++ (--with-cxx), Python (--with-python) and wxWidgets
(--with-wxwidgets) support. But in the next step when I change to the
directory "cd gui/wxpython/vdigit" and run make I get the following error:

cats.cpp:456: error: ‘Vect_rewrite_line’ was not declared in this scope

cats.cpp:461: error: ‘G_debug’ was not declared in this scope
cats.cpp:467: error: ‘Vect_destroy_line_struct’ was not declared in this scope
cats.cpp:468: error: ‘Vect_destroy_cats_struct’ was not declared in this scope

make: *** [OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/_grass6_wxvdigit.so] Error 1

I use Ubuntu 10.10 with GRASS 6.4.1svn. I tried installing python-dev,
python2.6-dev packages as suggested in many forums but the error
continued to appear.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.

Chethan S.
PG Student | Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
National Institute of Technology Karnataka | Surathkal
Karnataka | India - 575 025