[GRASS-user] simple shell scrip example with parameters

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:28:23 EDT 2011

Not sure this is the best way to do but, if you are using bash in
linux, the variables $1 $2 and so on are the parameters you pass to
the script. So, if you have a script called basin.sh and you type

basin.sh -23 -47

the variable $1 will be -23 and $2 will be -47...

so in your script you could put

r.water.outlet drainadge=your_map basin=basin_map easting=$2 northing=$1

you could also pass a third parameter for the basin map name...

Here is a good online tutorial for bash scripting
http://www.linuxconfig.org/Bash_scripting_Tutorial

Boa sorte
Daniel