[GRASS-user] Using r.buffer on image with geographic coordinates

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Sun Mar 27 09:57:50 EDT 2011

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your help. I am trying to follow your instruction but ran
into a problem compiling v.buffer. I used svn to download grass 6.5 into
/usr/local/src and it appears to have compiled just fine and grass65
seems to be working. To compile v.buffer I tried:
sudo make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/

from the /usr/local/src/grass6_devel/vector/v.buffer directory but that
didn't work. I pasted the error message below.

I expect my MODULE_TOPDIR assignment is not correct. I'll try to figure
out the problem tomorrow but if you know what the problem is please let
me know.

Once I compile v.buffer do I have to do anything to deactivate v.buffer2?

Thanks again for the help.

Ned
--
nedhorning at ubuntu-laptop:/usr/local/src/grass6_devel/vector/v.buffer$
sudo make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/
/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn//include/Make/Module.make:25: warning:
overriding commands for target `install'
/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn//include/Make/Rules.make:90: warning: ignoring
old commands for target `install'
gcc -I/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include -g
-O2 -I/usr/include/gdal -DPACKAGE=\""grassmods"\"
-I/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include -o
OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/main.o -c main.c
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:274: error: ‘dist’ undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:274: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:274: error: for each function it appears in.)
main.c:324: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘int’)
make: *** [OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/main.o] Error 1