[GRASS-user] New location with .prj file in tcltk

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:52:28 EDT 2011

Hello,
it's not a bug. It's a feature! Or - in this case - a missing feature.

TCL/Tk startup screen pases provided file to g.proj as georef
parameter. g.proj expects file to be a georeferenced file (i.e.
GeoTIFF, ESRI Shapefile etc.) and not plain projection file.

If there's a demand for creating new locations by .prj files, It's
possible to implement such feature in TCL/Tk startup screen (just pass
file as wkt option). Somebody has to open a wish item the intracker
for it and then someday it might happen, but not for 6.4.1.

Maris.