[GRASS-user] WinGRASS installation and addtional python modules

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Tue May 17 05:33:14 EDT 2011

Hello,

I wrote a python script for grass involving several python modules (numpy, scipy and matplotlib) and I tested it successfully on my mac osx (GRASS GIS 6.5, Python 2.6.6 and other modules).

Now I'd like to test it on a Windows 7 machine and need to install all the necessary python module. So my question: Which python version (2.6.6 or 2.7) should be installed and which version of wingrass (script should work on all recent versions of grass). Will Wingrass use the before installed python (either 2.6.6 or 2.7) and its addtional modules?

What is the simpliest way to make this combination working? Just install everthing?

thank you

/johannes