[GRASS-user] Manually Defining Location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 20 18:16:24 EDT 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Bryan Keith wrote:

> I'm not convinced that's a valid wkt description of the coordinate
> system you want.

Bryan,

   I'm not addressing those unknown points here; these are necessary maps
from the client's ArcGIS I need to import to GRASS for terrain and
hydrological modeling.

> but I understand that you think you should be NW of that point.... Don't
> know if this helps or just adds confusion.

   The latter, I'm afraid.

   I will, over the weekend, read the proj4 site to figure out how to take
the values from the .prj file (as posted in my message originating this
thread) and see if that works to import the maps using v.in.ogr or the GUI
wizard.

Thanks,

Rich