[GRASS-user] Modifying Vector Attribute Table Values

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 23 18:46:33 EDT 2011

   In GRASS-6.x is there a way to modify the data in the default .dbf vector
attribute tables?

   I have a table of state county boundaries. For some reason known only to
an agency bureaucrat who created the coverage, the column called "NAME"
contains numbers; presumably the alphabetical sequence number of the
county's name. Not only is a number not a name (in my world), but unless one
has county names memorized in alphabetical order, it's not very useful for
selecting one or several counties.

   Since I run only linux I don't have access to dBase or its clones.

TIA,

Rich