[GRASS-user] Modifying Vector Attribute Table Values

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue May 24 09:30:23 EDT 2011

On 24/05/11 02:00, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> In GRASS-6.x is there a way to modify the data in the default .dbf vector
>> attribute tables?

Try the table manager in the wxGUI.

Then you also have the various db.* and v.db.* modules, such as

v.db.update, v.db.addcol, v.db.dropcol, etc.

and more generically

db.execute and db.select

> Also, when I try to export the table I see errors and nothing is exported:

[...]

> If I'm asking for attribute data to be exported from the .dbf why do I get
> errors about geographic attributes?

You got an explanation about the why from Micha.

If you just want to export the attributes of a vector to a text file,
you might want to try v.db.select.

Moritz