SV: SV: SV: [GRASS-user] Vector map text legend (now more spesific about logarithmic raster legend)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 05:55:29 EDT 2011

Martin Album Ytre-Eide wrote:
> In my case, I am looking for a way to
> get a logarithmic legend and thought that I might use
> categories for this.
> You can set the r.colors -g to get logarithmic scaling of
> your map, but the legend will still be linear. - I can not
> get a logarithmic legend. I can do r.macalc
> log_map=log(map,10) and get a legend with values I would
> have to do 10^x to get the numerical value - so for now I
> use gimp to change the values 1,2,3 to 10,100,1000. -but I
> wish there was another way....

Dylan's patch to allow the d.legend use= option to work properly
with logarithmic values has now been backported to 6.4.svn.
Rebuild from the release branch source or grab a recent nightly
snapshot to try it.

for example:

 d.legend mapname use=0.0001,0.001,0.01,0.1,1,10,100,1000

(before that worked, but the text labels got badly rounded)

Hamish