[GRASS-user] increase performance of i.ortho.photo/i.photo.rectify

Andras Balazs andras.balazs at metla.fi
Thu May 26 06:37:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am orthorectifying 3 channel aerial photographs using i.ortho.photo
(GRASS 6.4.1, Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, dual core (each 3 GHz), 4 GB RAM).
I'm new to GRASS so no clue whether it's possible to make the
rectification process to use the computer's resources  better.
i.photo.rectify is using at most 30% CPU, processing of one channel
takes about 15-20 minutes. I suppose it would be much faster if it would
use one core running at 100%.
Is there an optimal amount of memory that should be assigned to the
process or the more the better?

Any  suggestions would be more than welcome!

Andras