[GRASS-user] WIND file not changing, set to DEFAULT_WIND

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Nov 4 04:40:11 EDT 2011

Duffy, Garret wrote:

> I'm having issues with my WIND file, it seems to be set to the
> DEFAULT_WIND value and is not updating with my current region.

Check whether the environment variable WIND_OVERRIDE is set. If it is,
the named region specified by that variable is used instead of the
WIND file.

> I'm thinking I could delete the WIND file and restart GRASS but don't
> want to mess anything up if I do this.

GRASS requires a mapset directory to contain a WIND file in order for
it to be recognised as a mapset. However, if the WIND file has been
deleted, you can create a new one by copying the DEFAULT_WIND file, so
it isn't a difficult situation to recover from.