[GRASS-user] Getting DATUM unknown when exporting to GTiff using r.out.gdal in python

Anne Brookes Anne.Brookes at jbaconsulting.com
Tue Nov 8 03:54:31 EST 2011

Thanks for your reply Hamish.

I have the following set up:

I am running Grass v6.4 in Windows XP
I have FWTools2.0.4 installed (for the GDAL library)
I have also installed gdalwin32-1.6
I have Proj4 v4.4.6 Win32 release installed
I also have Python 24, 25 and 26
My GDAL_DATA env variable is currently set to C:\program files\FWTools2.0.4\data and my PROJ_LIB variable to C:\program files\FWTools2.0.4\proj_lib

Does GRASS uses these environment variables?  Where does GRASS look for its projection library?

>From the GRASS cmd line in my GB location, the g.proj -p command gives:
 -PROJ_INFO--------------
        name:   Transverse Mercator
        proj:   tmerc
        datum:  osgb36
        ellps:  airy
        lat_0:  49
        lon_0:  -2
        k:              0.9996012717
        x_0:            400000
        y_0:            -100000
        no_defs:        defined
 -PROJ_UNITS------------------
        unit:           metre
        units:  metres
        meters: 1

I hope this clarifies something. Thanks,
Anne
Anne Brookes
Senior Analyst

http://www.jbaconsulting.com/
South Barn
Broughton Hall
Skipton
North Yorkshire
BD23 3AE
T: +44 (0)1756 799919 F: 0845 8627772
The JBA Family
http://www.jbagroup.co.uk/ http://www.jbarisk.com/ http://www.jbaenergy.com/ http://www.jbatrust.org/ http://www.jbaconsulting.com/

This email is covered by JBA Consulting's http://www.jbaconsulting.com/disclaimer JBA Consulting is the trading name of Jeremy Benn Associates Limited, registered in England, company number 03246693, South Barn, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE.
http://www.jbaconsulting.com/nce-winner-2010  http://twitter.com/JBAConsulting