[GRASS-user] Re: European Datum 1950 is not saved in the region information

Sophia Ratcliffe sophiav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 04:58:12 EST 2011

hamish-2 wrote:

> do you use proj4 version 4.7.1svn? If so, please try version 4.7.0

Sorry, can you give me information on how to use version 4.7.0. I've
downloaded the zip file from http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ but I'm not sure
what to do with the files. I assuem I must compile it.

I was able to set the datum using g.setproj, then g.proj -p shows the datum
and towgs84 params correctly:

-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Universal Transverse Mercator
datum      : eur50
towgs84    : -87.000,-98.000,-121.000
proj       : utm
ellps      : international
a          : 6378388.0000000000
es         : 0.0067226700
f          : 297.0000000000
zone       : 30
unit       : meter
units      : meters
meters     : 1.0

However, when I try the same for the Finland Uniform Coordinate System
(created through the wizard selecting EPSG code 2393) g.setproj doesn't find
the D_KKJ datum,

Thanks, Sophie