[GRASS-user] digitising area crashed GRASS

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 16 00:40:05 EST 2011

6.4.2RC1 ubuntu 10.04.3 wxgui

Not as bad as it sounds though...only happened once so far.

At first, I thought it was because I may have had the 'no category' or
'don't save to table' settings ( a hangover from whatever I'd just
done), and when I used the area tool upon completion of a boundary by
right-click, GRASS crashed/closed. Did a restart, the boundary was
there, topology had to be rebuilt for the vector layer, easily added the
missing centroid. didn't seem to affect other existing parts of vector.

have tried area tool again, with several combos of 'add/don't add to
table', and 'manual, next, no cats' without any crashes. The area tool
even worked with 'no cats' just made a centroid with no cat.

so dunno what happened. if it does again, will try and note more detail.

-shane.