[GRASS-user] Joining vectors by location

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Mon Nov 21 10:10:25 EST 2011

Hi Daniel,

Very cool name :)

You should use v.rast.stats [1] as it "Calculates univariate statistics
> from a raster map based on
> vector polygons and uploads statistics to new attribute columns. " Should
> be a more straight
> forward approach.

Thanks for the tip, but  v.rast.stats gives me all univariate statistics
and takes a really long time (hours vs. seconds). I've got so many pixels
that I get segmentation failures and in the end I only want the sums for
each polygon. It also makes it a pain to delete the unneeded columns from
the vector table afterwards. Or is there a way to only have v.rast.stats
give me the sums?

Thanks,
Daniel