[GRASS-user] Cannot get past Wiki captcha

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:10:44 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/22 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> why aren't we using the standard and very well tested debian
> package for mediawiki?

that's simple, because than we would use for years (assuming that you
are not reinstalling OS when new stable Debian release will appear)
quite old version of mediwiki, in this case 1.12. Note that the
current version is 1.17. What's the problem with using recent *stable*
release of Mediawiki, which is BTW quite well tested to, at least for
Wikipedia? I am running several mediawikis from SVN (always recent
stable release) on Debian and I have no problem with that for last two
years. BTW, when updating your instance to the more recent version,
it's just matter of running `svn up` ;-)

Martin