[GRASS-user] Joining vectors by location

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Sun Nov 27 12:37:05 EST 2011

SUCCESS!

One last idea came: Why not try updating the attributes backwards -
uploading the attributes of the centroids from the former raster polygons
into the buildings that they belonged to? The following command updated the
vectors properly by extracting the centroid values of
Gebaeude_Globalstrahlung into ALK_Flaechen:
v.distance from=ALK_Flaechen at PERMANENT
to=Gebaeude_Globalstrahlung at PERMANENTfrom_type=centroid to_type=area
dmax=0 upload=to_attr column=globalstra
to_column=globalstra

Wow. I probably would have exploded without all the support from you all.
Thanks bunches, seriously. That was like giving birth to a child as we'd
say in German.

Daniel