Proposed patch: v.category option to copy category values from one layer to another [was: Re: [GRASS-user] Re: two questions on setting a new layer for for a vector]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 28 08:47:53 EST 2011

On 28/11/11 11:28, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> I agree that it would be helpful to have an opion in v.category to copy
> the values from one layer to another (i.e. something like option=copy
> layer=2 sourcelayer=1).

I just filed an enhancement request with a proposed patch implementing
this (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1498). The proposed
implementation works as follows:

v.category roadsmajor option=transfer layer=1,2 out=roadsmajor_with_2_layers

It would be great if anyone could test it and if one of the devs could
have a look at the patch and either apply it directly, or tell me that
it's ok to do so.

Moritz