[GRASS-user] Re: Pango error, still relevant?

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 8 21:43:06 EDT 2011

Hi all,

in digging around for answers in regards to my 'd.vect problems I found
a post by Antonio from 14 April 2010:
Hi

I'm using GRASS6.4svn in an Ubuntu Machine and, when I start GRASS I
get
this warning at command line:
(python:3305): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos:
assertion
`index >= 0 && index <= layout->length' failed
What might be causing this? and what are the consequences of this?

Thanks

Best regards
Antonio

-Antonio, did you solve your problem I wonder?
-Given this message showed up in my d.vect trials, is that consistent
with Antonio's problem?
-Given Antonio reported this over a year ago and I've still struck it
with 6.4.1 also on an ubuntu box, is there still something to be dealt
with in ubuntu, or in GRASS?

Anyone wanting more on where I got the message, see my other post re:
d.vect etc...

Regards,
Shane.