[GRASS-user] how to fix a digitization scale

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Oct 16 15:17:07 EDT 2011

Last minute question while preparing a class for tomorrow: anyone have a
good idea on how fix the scale at which one digitizes with v.digit (i.e.
not the new wxgui digitizer) ? Currently, the best idea I have found is
to use the wxgui to display a map at a fixed scale, save the display to
a named region and set the computational region to the current display.
Then start v.digit and only use panning. If I ever have to zoom, I then
use the named region I saved to get back to my scale.

Anyone have a better idea ?

Moritz