[GRASS-user] d.vect anomalies 'fixed' in 6.4.2RC1

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 16 23:35:36 EDT 2011

Hi all,

over last couple of weeks, wrote about problems with the GUI for d.vect
in wxpython. Basically, tweaking properties for vectors caused GRASS to
freeze after a few operations of d.vect dialog.

I have just been playing with d.vect in wxGUI and it seems to be working
well :-) I've done 3-4 times more changes using the d.vect dialog than
what I'd achieve previously before a crash - changing colours,
displaying different layers, display cats/topology for vectors, change
what features (line/area/etc) are displayed, even putting SQL 'where'
clauses in that worked correctly...

So I think the problems I faced, have been dealt with in this version.
Fabulous! Will continue to use wxGUI now, if other things arise will
note them.

-Shane.