[GRASS-user] v.to.points

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:20:34 EDT 2011

As far as I know, v.to.points does not write to an external file, it creates
a point vector map within GRASS.

So you should do output=pointmap and then use another module such as
v.out.ascii to generate an actual text file with the points.

Also, when you do that, do not enclose the output portion of the code with
quotes, you don't need them to set a path to the ouput file.

Hope it helps,
Marcello.