[GRASS-user] map query tool in 6.4.2RC1 ???

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 19 23:21:43 EDT 2011

Hi again all,

In 6.4.1 wxGUI, I noticed that the query tool icon in map display gave
user an option to query (display mode) or query (edit mode) - the former
showed details in output window, the latter opened a dialog box allowing
view/edit of data in connected table.

now in 6.4.2RC1, there does not seem to be an option to choose - I click
the tool, then clicking on the map does the 'edit' option of opening
dialog to view/edit data in table.... if/when it works that is...

A problem I find, is that some things I click on don't give results, I
get this sort of error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp
_window.py", line 1017, in MouseActions

self.OnLeftUp(event)
  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp
_window.py", line 1207, in OnLeftUp

self.parent.QueryVector(self.mouse['begin'][0],
self.mouse['begin'][1])
  File
"/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp.py",
line 1382, in QueryVector

action = mode)
  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dia
logs.py", line 104, in __init__

self.UpdateDialog(query = query, cats = cats)
  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dia
logs.py", line 362, in UpdateDialog

query[1])
  File
"/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_base.py",
line 109, in SelectByPoint

if self.tables[table][key]['ctype'] != types.StringType:
KeyError
:
'grthrs_pax'

I get similar message with different last line for different vectors I
query, but it seems to be having an issue with certain columns from
connected tables? for one vector as above, it is the last column of the
table connected on layer 3. column is "character varying(20)"

On another vector, I get similar message and it is the last column of
the table connected on layer 2, format "integer"

Yet I can go to another vector, that has "integer" "double precision"
and "character" and the edit dialog box will pop up when I click on the
map.

I am using Postgres db.

Any hints? Also, if it's something serious, should I head over to
reporting it as a bug and/or posting to the dev mailing list?

-Shane.