[GRASS-user] v.digit options in 6.4.2RC1

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 19 23:23:05 EDT 2011

Hi all,

the wxGUI v.digit seems nice! a few things different to tcltk digitiser
to get used to but overall seems to have more versatility.

I have noticed that if I go to vector menu in main window, the option
there is for editing a vector with tcltk.

To use the wx option, one has to either right-click > "start editing" on
a vector in the layer manager, or in map viewer, choose 'digitise' from
listbox in top-right corner.
If I use the former option, then the vector highlighted in layer manager
is opened for editing. If I choose the latter, no layer is chosen by
default, not even if one is highlighted in layer manager, I have to
select which one I want to edit from a listbox on
left side.

At first these three different ways to get to v.digit seemed a bit
messy/unprofessional, but after using it a bit more, I can see some
benefits in current layout... but thought I'd comment in case the
various ways to get there weren't actually intentional?

Regards,
Shane.