[GRASS-user] map query tool in 6.4.2RC1 ???

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 20 22:27:42 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,
thanks for confirmation on query tool operation :-)

Further on the other issue (below):
> > A problem I find, is that some things I click on don't give results, I
> > get this sort of error:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp
> > _window.py", line 1017, in MouseActions
> >
> > self.OnLeftUp(event)
> >  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp
> > _window.py", line 1207, in OnLeftUp
> >
> > self.parent.QueryVector(self.mouse['begin'][0],
> > self.mouse['begin'][1])
> >  File
> > "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp.py",
> > line 1382, in QueryVector
> >
> > action = mode)
> >  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dia
> > logs.py", line 104, in __init__
> >
> > self.UpdateDialog(query = query, cats = cats)
> >  File "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dia
> > logs.py", line 362, in UpdateDialog
> >
> > query[1])
> >  File
> > "/usr/grass-6.4.2RC1/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_base.py",
> > line 109, in SelectByPoint
> >
> > if self.tables[table][key]['ctype'] != types.StringType:
> > KeyError
> > :
> > 'grthrs_pax'

> > I get similar message with different last line for different vectors I
> > query, but it seems to be having an issue with certain columns from
> > connected tables? for one vector as above, it is the last column of the
> > table connected on layer 3. column is "character varying(20)"
> >
> > On another vector, I get similar message and it is the last column of
> > the table connected on layer 2, format "integer"
> >
> > Yet I can go to another vector, that has "integer" "double precision"
> > and "character" and the edit dialog box will pop up when I click on the
> > map.
>
> could you send `v.db.connect -g` and `v.info -c` output for
> problematic sample vector map?
>
> Martin

Here's output from a vector that query tool did work on:
v.db.connect -g
map=VIP_transects at Lacebark
1 public.VIP_transects cat gisdb pg

v.info -c
map=VIP_transects at Lacebark
INTEGER|cat
INTEGER|vip
INTEGER|transect
DOUBLE PRECISION|startx
DOUBLE PRECISION|starty
DOUBLE PRECISION|endx
DOUBLE PRECISION|endy
CHARACTER|notes
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:

Below is output for a vector that it gave error on, but whilst I was
checking this problem, I found that the query tool did work for a couple
of centroids that ONLY had data in a connection with table one (happens
to be vectors I am still updating info for other layers) So that may
help narrow down the possibilities i.e. it may not be the entire vector
that causes error, but maybe only when querying something which should
return info for >1 table connections.

Note I also have multiple entries within each layer for a given
centroid, I don't think I can confirm if that is or isn't an issue
whilst the current error stops me from getting any query result for such
attributes.

v.db.connect -g
map=GRT10_11 at Lacebark
1 GRT_prevalence cat gisdb pg
2 chemical_use cat gisdb pg
3 grt_hours cat gisdb pg

v.info -c
map=GRT10_11 at Lacebark
INTEGER|cat
DATE|grt_date
INTEGER|plant_rank
INTEGER|seed_rank
CHARACTER|treatment
CHARACTER|notes
DOUBLE PRECISION|grt_score
CHARACTER|grassrgb
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:

v.info -c map=GRT10_11 at Lacebark
layer=2
INTEGER|cat
DATE|chem_date
CHARACTER|chemical
DOUBLE PRECISION|chem_vol
CHARACTER|additives
DOUBLE PRECISION|mix_vol
CHARACTER|method
CHARACTER|area
CHARACTER|target
DOUBLE PRECISION|hours
CHARACTER|chem_notes
INTEGER|chem_conc
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 2:

v.info -c map=GRT10_11 at Lacebark
layer=3
INTEGER|cat
DATE|grthrs_date
DOUBLE PRECISION|grt_hrs
CHARACTER|grthrs_notes
CHARACTER|grthrs_pax
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 3:

Let me know if any more sleuthing required at this end :-)

-shane