[GRASS-user] Using r.reclass.area with an NDVI map

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Thu Oct 20 13:56:55 EDT 2011

Greetings
I have an NDVI map but it's not continuous: i mean, I have a few patches
with values and areas in my raster map without values.
I want to apply r.reclass.area in order to eliminate patches with less
than 2ha. My question is:
shall I convert NDVI pixels to 1 (creating a mask of valid pixels) or
can I just use as it is (with values ranging from -1 to 1)? Because if
r.reclass.area uses r.clump 2 pixels with different NDVI values are not
"categorized toghetter. Right?
THanks
Antonio

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6561 (20111020) __________