[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS 7 configuration with libLas

ahmadou dicko dicko.ahmadou at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 03:25:38 EDT 2011

Hi everyone

Trying to compile GRASS 7 I had an issue similar to the one on this thread :
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-May/054559.html

I built the latest version of libLAs from repository (version 1.7) and it's
appear that on ubuntu the shared library have  different name than those of
previous version of libLAs .

So my guess is that GRASS wait for liblas.so and liblas_c.so but in
/usr/local/lib there are only liblas.so.2.0 and liblas_c.so.2.0 (for newer
version of libLAs --someone can confirm ?)

So to fix this problem, I create some symlink like this

sudo ln -s liblas.so.2.0 liblas.so
sudo ln -s liblas_c.so.2.0 liblas_c.so

Hope this will help

There is another work around for this problem ?