[GRASS-user] Add DB entries to vector line (after v.split)

wittich vwittich at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:26:06 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I try to find a way to give every line segment in my vector file a db entry.
I've create 3 lines and split them into 50m segments. Now I want to do
several calculations with it. Therefore I need for each segment a row in the
db.

*How can I create a entry for each segment?*

> v.info split_lines
> Number of lines: 598

> v.db.select split_lines
> cat
> 1
> 2
> 3

I would appreciate if someone can explain me what I do wrong, I tried
already everything I could found without success (eg. v.dissolve,
v.category, v.centroids, and others)

regards Valentin