[GRASS-user] Re: Is it possible to export a Raster to KML

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 28 06:03:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> in my experience overlaying kml (vector and raster) with EPSG:4326 in google
> earth works relatively well in flat areas, in mountain areas there are
> sometime distortions therefore.

I can confirm this from my (limited) experience to export data
to KML. To correct for the geoid heights, you could use the previously
indicated map and calculate the local ellipsoid-geoid difference
and vertically shift your vector data with v.transform. Then export
to KML. For raster, use r.mapcalc to shift.

Markus