[GRASS-user] using a vector map as target map for raster map to georectify

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Oct 29 05:25:41 EDT 2011

On 27/10/11 21:10, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to use the georeferencing tool in 6.4.1, I have the following
> question: is it possible to define a vector map as target map when
> georeferencing a raster map ? I can't seem to find how to do this.

Just to be precise: I'm talking about the tool in the wxgui.

Am I the only one seeing this as a problem ? I can work around this by
transforming my vector map in a raster and then use the result as target
map. But I find this less than ideal. It should be possible to use
vector map as reference, not only raster maps.

I will file a bug report about this, but was just wondering whether I'm
missing something obvious.

Moritz