[GRASS-user] using a vector map as target map for raster map to georectify

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 31 05:08:01 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 27/10/11 21:10, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Trying to use the georeferencing tool in 6.4.1, I have the following
>> question: is it possible to define a vector map as target map when
>> georeferencing a raster map ? I can't seem to find how to do this.
>
> Just to be precise: I'm talking about the tool in the wxgui.
>
> Am I the only one seeing this as a problem ? I can work around this by
> transforming my vector map in a raster and then use the result as target
> map. But I find this less than ideal. It should be possible to use vector
> map as reference, not only raster maps.
>
> I will file a bug report about this, but was just wondering whether I'm
> missing something obvious.

Vector support in the georeferencing tool is poor. Ideally the tool
would have something like a layer manager where you can add as
reference maps any number and combination of raster and vector maps,
just like in the regular layer manager. Further more, the C module
v.rectify is still missing (I want to write it based on v.transfrom
and v.proj but did not get around yet to do it).

Markus M