[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-windows] WinGRASS Python 2.7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Sep 4 20:57:38 EDT 2011

Johannes Radinger wrote:

> As recommended I did the changes.
> I just tried to first disable the PYTHONHOME and
> GRASS_PYTHON. The lines in the env.bat file are now:
>
> rem Path to the python directory
> rem set PYTHONHOME=%GISBASE%\Python25
> rem if "x%GRASS_PYTHON%" == "x" set GRASS_PYTHON=python
>
> is that correct?
>

> I tried at this step to start GRASS but it doesn't work
> anymore. Nothing is started!! So it seems that this isn't
> working! Maybe I have to set the path to python.org in the
> env.bat, but I don't know how the lines should look like.

For the GUI, setting e.g.:

	set GRASS_PYTHON=c:\Program Files (x86)\Python27\pythonw.exe

should suffice.

If you want to run Python scripts from bash, you may run into problems
if there are any spaces in any of the directories. Using an 8.3
filename may work, e.g.:

	export PATH=$PATH:/c/PROGRA~2/Python27/pythonw.exe

Running Python scripts from cmd.exe should use the file association
for the .py extension.