[GRASS-user] v.proj

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Sep 9 14:50:33 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 05:49 -0700, adm wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using QGIS 1.7.0 and GRASS as a plug-in.
>
> I want to use v.proj to reproject vector files from another location.
>
> However when I open the location (B) where my reprojected vector file must
> be safed, I can't choose my input vector file because it is in location (A).
> Also when I open the (unprojected) vector file in location B, I can't select
> the file. Or when I open location A, I can choose the input vector file, but
> there is an error that I can't use 2 equal locations.
>
> How does this work? I have tried several options, but they don't want to
> work.

Yes, the interface for the v.proj module doesn't work. Can I suggest you
try the v.proj command from the GRASS shell? (at the top of the Modules
Tree). You should be in the target location. Start the gRASS shell, and
type in:
 v.proj input=<source vector> map-<source mapset> location=<source
location> output=<target vector name>