[GRASS-user] solar exergy (r.sun)

Salvatore Mellino salvatore.mellino at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:31:32 EDT 2011

Thanks Hamish,

how can I read the r.sun code?

I want to know if albedo effect is added or subtracted to global radiation calculation…or it is not computed…
What do you think about the following expression?

available_rad= beam_rad + diffuse_rad - reflected_rad

> if you want to know all incoming radiation, use the global sum.

I want to know the available radiation  that should be global radiation minus the radiation that was reflected by atmosphere and ground. Only the radiation that which is not reflected drives terrestrial, oceanic and atmospheric processes.