[GRASS-user] GRASS vs. R: Spgrass6 syscmd error

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 04:59:23 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Levent B. <lburggr at gwdg.de> wrote:

> If you got this mail before, i'm sorry for the repost, but i think i failed
> to subscribe before posting last time.
grass-stats at lists.osgeo.org or  "r-sig-geo" <R-sig-Geo at stat.math.ethz.ch>,
which are dealing with R-grass questions (the first one ) and with spatial
analysis in R (which includes the GRASS-R interface).

Secondly: much more information is needed:

Operating system?
GRASS, R and spgrass version?
How did the error occur?
Short reproducible example?

I would sugges to include this info, and repost it to the
grass-stats at lists.osgeo.org mailing list, and you are likely to get a good
response.

Cheers,

Rainer

i'm trying to use the GRASS interface to R, which is provided by the package
> spgrass6. Running any command, i get an error somehow related to the R
> command “syscmd”, reporting unused arguments.
> E.g.:
>
> > gmeta6()
> Fehler in system(syscmd, intern = intern, ignore.stderr = ignore.stderr,  :
>  unbenutzte(s) Argument(e) (ignore.stdout = Sys_ignore.stdout)
>
> I'm not quite sure if it would be more appropriate to post this in the R
> mailing list, but as i saw a similar (yet not the same ) error report
> posted
> in another thread, i thought it right to give it a shot :-)
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Levent
>

> --

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)