[GRASS-user] problems with r.to.rast3elev

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:25:40 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm experiencing some issues with r.to.rast3elev , that I didn't had before.
I'm trying to reprocess some volume calculation
on dune fields in southern Brazil (see this:
http://geomorphometry.org/Grohmann2011) so I can evolve what I presented in
the Geomorphometry Meeting into a full paper, but at this point I can't
calculate the volumes any more!

(BTW, Helena, I'm thinking about comparing the volumes from r.volume and
r.to.rast3elev, since I think there will be differences..)

OS: Linux, Ubuntu 11.04
In GRASS 6.4.1, installed from Ubuntu repositories, I got this (running
inside a python session):

 grass.run_command('r.to.rast3elev', input=clump, elevation=dem,
output=dem3d, lower=1, overwrite=True)
Creating 3D raster map
ERROR: G3d_cache_hash_remove_name: name not in hashtable

and in GRASS 7.0svn updated today, I got a segmentation fault.

the region is set to match the 'clump' map (which is the same as the mask,
to limit the calculations to the active dunes).

any help is appreciated

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil