[GRASS-user] GRASS GUI won't open after selecting mapset

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 09:48:57 EDT 2011

skualos wrote:
> I'm using GRASS GIS 6.4 on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> I can access mapsets and run commands via the QGIS Grass plug-in. But
> when I try to use GRASS directly, I get the first window to select
> the mapset I want to open, but when I click the "start grass" button,
> the first window disappears and GRASS GUI won't open.

are you starting grass from the command line or from a self-made launcher?
if from a launcher, make sure you have the "start in terminal" box ticked.
if from the command line it should start ok, or let you see the error
message.

(the current package doesn't, but the next version of the ubuntu+debian
packages will ship an icon + menu entry)

Hamish