[GRASS-user] Re: r.stream.extract Syntax Problem [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 6 11:21:25 EDT 2012

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> from the manual page:
> https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.stream.extract/description.html

Helmut,

   Yes, I read the entire manual page.

> - is the elevation exactly the same map used to calculate accumulation?

   Yes. The base elevation map is named dem10m.avg. It is used to set the
region and for every step requiring the base elevation map, including
calculating accumulation

> - is the current region's resolution identical to the accumulation map?

   Yes. Before starting the series of steps leading to extracting streams I
set the region to dem10m.agv. The region for dem10m.acc is the same.

   I recalculated the weight map with no errors and this makes me wonder why
r.stream.extract with the weighted accumulation map throws and error when
r.stream.extract without the weighting does not.

   Re-running each step is an option, but the issue seems related to the
weighted accumulation map so I can re-calculate weights and the weighted
accumulation but I suspect that's not the problem.

Thanks,

Rich