[GRASS-user] Re: r.stream.extract Syntax Problem [UPDATE]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Apr 6 14:49:28 EDT 2012

>Yes. Before starting the series of steps leading to extracting streams I
>set the region to dem10m.agv. The region for dem10m.acc is the same.
>
>   I recalculated the weight map with no errors and this makes me wonder
> why
>r.stream.extract with the weighted accumulation map throws and error when
>r.stream.extract without the weighting does not.
>
>   Re-running each step is an option, but the issue seems related to the
>weighted accumulation map so I can re-calculate weights and the weighted
>accumulation but I suspect that's not the problem.

tested here with osgeo4w-wingrass6.4.2, spearfish sample dataset [1] and the
example from the manual page [2]

both, accumulation (A)  and weighted (WA) accumulation map, are working:

WA:
r.stream.extract elevation=elevation.10m at PERMANENT
accumulation=elevation.10m.acc.weighed threshold=1000
stream_rast=elevation.10m.streams
Load input maps and get start points...
Set edge points...
A* Search...
Extract streams...
Thin stream segments...
Write raster map
(Fri Apr 06 20:35:36 2012) Befehl ausgeführt (6 sec)
(Fri Apr 06 20:36:36 2012)

A:
r.stream.extract elevation=elevation.10m at PERMANENT
accumulation=elevation.10m.acc threshold=1000
stream_rast=elevation.10m.streams.noweight
Load input maps and get start points...
Set edge points...
A* Search...
Extract streams...
Thin stream segments...
Write raster map
(Fri Apr 06 20:36:42 2012) Befehl ausgeführt (6 sec)

HTH
Helmut

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/sampledata/spearfish_grass60data-0.3.tar.gz
[2]